“Even as we grieved, we grew.
Even as we hurt, we hoped.
Even as we tired, we tried…
to author a new chapter,
to offer hope and laughter to
[each other and]…
emerge, battered and beautiful.”
– Amanda Gorman
Personalised Confidential Caregiving Services
Are you experiencing a death anxiety (a fear of dying)? Or struggling with your identity or purpose?
Are you needing help with conversations about relationship dynamics that may be causing distress?
Would you like help with creating meaningful honour-rituals or a memorial service after the death of a person you have lost?
Transitions can be an opportunity for personal emotional and spiritual growth and strengthening family bonds, and surrounding yourself with beauty.
I provide an array of support for you and your support network (friends and/or family) to fulfill your wishes on your journey from the point of diagnosis onwards, as part of your caregiving team – which can even include soothing quality singing, upon request!
This important work of preparing for eventual death can begin at any time, i.e. days, weeks, months, or years before your dementia progresses or nearing the end of life. We can prepare together for peace of mind.
- I provide a non-judgemental, non-discriminatory online service for private in-home palliative or community hospice patients, which can include any of the following:
- communication and advocacy, including how to have conversations with healthcare professionals about fulfilling your healthcare wishes
- end-of-life coaching, to help you identify your goals and priorities
- sound healing, including offering classically-trained singing, meditative sounds and guided meditations
- companionship, including life review and reflective conversations
- emotional, including help with various concerns, such as death anxiety
- spiritual accompanying, including discussions on what gives you strength and hope
- religious support, including prayers and scripture
- developing legacy projects, including helping you to write your life story to enable others to remember you in the way you’d like to be remembered
- Family conversations: I support and facilitate individuals and/or families to have important conversations. This could include exploring early preparation for death, such as Advanced Care Directives, or reconciliation and forgiveness, and/or spiritual/religious conversations for a meaningful farewell.
- Meaningful Farewells Café (an open, ongoing limited-size group). This will be a free-flowing discussion in which we will share ideas of meaningful activities to support the dying and their families.
- Providing support to individuals or facilitating conversations for families to design rituals that are meaningful for you to honour the person you have lost (and your own mourning in the process).
- An experienced funeral celebrant/facilitator in custom-designing, co-ordinating and leading memorial services online for accessibility to distant relatives.
- Helping people to craft a tribute or aspects of a funeral or memorial service, such as music or poem choices.
Free Initial Conversation
Have a 20-minute conversation to discuss your needs