Blue Christmas Online Grief Groups & Christmas Service
The Aim of the Groups:
- connection – a group where you can talk about your loved one when others in your family won’t even mention their name
- dedicated reflection time – an opening calming practice to help you land into the group space and connect with your feelings
- healing – a safe space, facilitated by a trained and experienced group facilitator, to share your story or seasonal challenges (optional)
- learning – a brief talk from the facilitator about a related topic with helpful tips, such as tension / conflict over extended family expectations
- skills development – to manage your grief through the holiday season and into the new year
Included in this event:
- a four-week learning and discussion group to help you feel better, more connected and more hopeful than when you arrived
- an introductory call on Zoom BEFORE the group begins to go over how the group will run (and many other benefits below)
- a 1-to-1 check-in session – choose a date within 6 weeks once the group begins (see more benefits below)
- a uniquely-designed Blue Christmas service with reflective poetry, gentle music, brief talk and more (see below)
Steps to Participate:
Choose your group and register below.
Fill in the short ‘Getting To Know You’ form (you will receive this by email) so I can know how to best serve you.
Mark your calendar for the online, live introductory call BEFORE the weekly group sessions start.
3 Types of Groups to Choose From
max. 12 people per group
Groups will stay consistent to create a safe, comfortable and confidential environment
as we journey through this experience together.
Due to the small size of the groups, book below today to secure your place.
Introductory Online 30-minute Q &A Live Zoom Call:
Attendance Highly Recommended
2 dates to choose from:
Saturday 3rd December 2022 at 4:30 – 5 pm GMT (UK) / 11:30 am – 12:00 pm EST / 8:30 – 9:00 am PST
Tuesday 6th December 2022 at 8 – 8:30 pm GMT (UK) / 3 – 3:30 pm EST / 12 – 12:30 pm PST
Benefits of attending live:
- the opportunity to engage with your facilitator and other members of your group before the group begins
- clarity on group expectations and a chance to ask any questions you may have
- attending live will allow you to opportunity to provide input on how I can best serve you in the group
Zoom link will be emailed after registering.
Blue Christmas Service:
This optional gathering is for those who would like to mark the season with a Christmas service that is more reflective in mood, rather than a traditional loud and cheery service:
- reflective poetry and music
- a reflective talk related to the cycle of birth and loss
- an opportunity to honour your loved one with candle-lighting and for you to contribute, if you wish, by reading a meaningful poem or piece of writing
There are 2 services to choose from – a Christian-based or a non-faith service. Dates to be determined once the groups have begun.
Free 30-minute Check-In Session:
Arrange your one-to-one session with me to:
- discuss how you are finding the group or ask any further questions
- let me know in confidence if there is anything I can help you with
- convey what else could help you to get the most from the group
- opportunity to discuss what further support you might need
Choose a date within 6 weeks once the group begins (i.e. within the 5 weeks of the group or 1 week afterwards).
About the Facilitator
Having lost her father 3 days before Christmas many years ago, Santou Eve knows how hard it is to navigate the complexity of feelings of isolation and family expectations about the holidays. She would like to particularly support people during this season when the absence of a loved one can feel most painful.
She has over 25 years experience as a group facilitator and trainer in the field of wellbeing (emotional, mental and spiritual). She has co-ordinated the setup and facilitation of in-person and online support groups and community drop-in grief cafes to discuss matters of death and dying.
As a grief specialist, she has extensive knowledge of different types of grief, which she shares in various ways.
More info about her credentials and qualifications can be found here.