“Loss is inevitable.
Think of losses involved in moving, or losing a job, or living with a chronic condition, the breakup of a relationship, or the death of a dream.
Many living losses are mourned in the same way as losses involving death.
Living losses [can be] easier to face with the help of a grief coach.”
– Dr. Don Eisenhauer
Future Goal-Focused Support
Are you struggling to make decisions? Do you have difficulty dealing with conflict?
Do you need help determining or prioritising what’s most important to you?
Are you struggling with parenting after the death of a spouse?
Coaching for Living Losses, End-of-Life and Widow(er)s
I offer coaching to individuals or families who need encouragement to achieve specific goals, fulfil desired hopes and develop new skills.
My coaching service can help with:
- non-death living losses (e.g. abuse/family rupture, romantic affairs, forced migration)
- life-limiting diagnosis (palliative or end-of-life fears and hopes)
- post-death (resilient parenting for caregivers of bereaved children)
Parenting can be challenging when grieving the loss of a spouse because stress can make it difficult to focus on others
- Surviving parents and caregivers are the most powerful resource for helping bereaved children to cope with the loss of their parent.
- Research has shown that resilience in caregivers and children can be promoted by:
- teaching practical tools to build family bonds and for self-care
- develop five key building blocks of resilience in the family (which leads to long-term positive development for children)
- Lower levels of distressing grief
- Lower levels of depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts/attempts
- Lower use of mental health services and psychiatric medication
- Higher levels of self-esteem
For brief, free resources please see Resilient Parenting Resources.
For more in-depth work and personalised support, please contact me for one-to-one coaching.
10-week Resilient Parenting Group
To express your interest or for the start date of this upcoming in-depth programme, please subscribe in the box below and/or see the Facilitating Groups page.
Your email will not be sold or passed on to other parties and you can unsubscribe at any time.