“Loss is inevitable.
Think of losses involved in moving, or losing a job, or living with a chronic condition, the breakup of a relationship, or the death of a dream.
Many living losses are mourned in the same way as losses involving death.
Living losses [can be] easier to face with the help of a grief coach.”
– Dr. Don Eisenhauer
Future Goal-Focused Support
Are you struggling to make decisions? Do you have difficulty dealing with conflict?
Do you need help determining or prioritising what’s most important to you?
Are you struggling with parenting after the death of a spouse?
Coaching for Loss, End-of-Life and Bereaved Parents
Coaching is for those needing encouragement to develop a new skill, achieve specific goals and fulfil desired hopes.
I draw upon a variety of coaching approaches, such as NLP, Solution-Focused Approach, Motivational Interviewing and more to provide people with extra support for issues such as:
- non-death living losses (e.g. unemployment, retirement)
- life-limiting diagnosis (palliative or end-of-life fears and hopes)
- post-death (resilient parenting for caregivers of bereaved children)
The Resilient-Parenting Coaching
Parenting can be challenging when grieving because stress can make it difficult to focus on others
- Surviving parents and caregivers are the most powerful resource for helping bereaved children to cope with the loss of their parent.
- Research has shown that resilience in caregivers and children can be promoted by:
- teaching practical tools to build family bonds and for self-care
- develop five key building blocks of resilience in the family (which leads to long-term positive development for children!).
- Lower levels of distressing grief
- Lower levels of depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts/attempts
- Lower use of mental health services and psychiatric medication
- Higher levels of self-esteem
Prior to coaching, some free effective evidence-based resources, including videos and tip sheets, can be accessed via Resilient Parenting Resources.
If you need extra support after viewing these resources, please contact me for one-to-one coaching support.
*** Coming Soon***
To express your interest or for the start date of the upcoming in-depth 10-week Resilient Parenting group programme, please subscribe in the box below and/or see the Facilitating Groups page.
Your email will not be sold or passed on to other parties and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Free Initial Conversation
Have a 20-minute introductory conversation to discuss your needs