Counselling / Psychotherapy
“It’s not just death that causes grief, but all kinds of losses”
– Sigmund Freud
Support for Current and Past Issues
Are you struggling to manage your emotions and come to terms with your loss?
Or to overcome unresolved loss from your past?
Are you struggling to make decisions after a death, such as when to part with a loved one’s belongings?
Counselling provides regular protected time, space and support to explore and discuss issues of past or current losses and it’s impact on you when you are functioning relatively well in life.
I provide an empathic listening ear and skilled reflective enquiry to help you cope better with issues such as:
- Divorce, loss of intimacy/sex life
- Disenfranchised grief (for issues society doesn’t recognise as valid grief, e.g. pet loss)
- Ambiguous loss (when a person has disappeared)
- Job loss
This also provides you with the flexibility and freedom to think and potentially do things in an alternative way for a different outcome.
This trauma-informed, evidence-based therapy is for those where the grief has rendered them stuck to the point where they are not functioning as well as they would like at home, work, place of study or elsewhere.
Therapy works on present unhelpful emotions and thought patterns using tools, creative resources, and sometimes tasks to do in-between sessions, to learn new skills for coping with loss and transitional life situations, including grief.
An in-depth service for:
- Individuals experiencing prolonged grief due to traumatic experiences of loss and/or death
- For individuals who have experienced multiple deaths within a year (or in close succession of each other within a short period of time)
- For families who are grieving, using a Family-Focused Grief Therapy Approach
Services are delivered online via:
● Video ● Telephone
● Email ● IM Text Chat
The fee across the services varies so please enquire.
For more information, please see the About Me page.
Free Initial Conversation
Have a 20-minute introductory conversation to discuss your needs