Bereavement & Suicide Prevention
Training, Presentations & Consultancy
manage conversations better to help the wellbeing of patients or staff
build skills & confidence to talk openly, and support each other better
Training Support Available To You
Live online bespoke presentations:
- different types of grief, how to recognise signs and symptoms
- how organisations can appropriately support the bereaved e.g. what to say / not to say to the bereaved)
Businesses/HR Departments to support staff
- For managers or teams who are grieving the death of an employee/team member
- For managers to have a process for supporting staff who have suicidal thoughts
Health & social care professionals (GPs, nursing homes, hospices)
- Breaking bad news sensitively to patients and their friends/family
- How to have end-of-life conversations with patients, imbuing hope nevertheless
- Cultural and ethnic diversity in death, dying and bereavement
- Spiritual care and bereavement care conversations with patients and family/friends
Educational settings to support staff and young people
- CPD for leadership team to have a process for supporting staff who have suicidal thoughts
- training for pastoral team to develop empathy / listening skills, managing tension and conflict, and dealing with families
- For leadership team to learn how to manage and pastorally hold whole-school grief
- Learn how to support staff and pupils who are mourning a loss (what to say / not to say)
Faith Communities and Charity Organisations
- Training volunteers to offer appropriate levels of support
- How to provide appropriate responses to support bereaved members in your faith community (and what not to say to cause more pain)
- Setting up and promoting bereavement support within your local community, e.g. bereavement cafe
Santou was able to help me reconcile my challenges at work with the fact that I am not alone and there are many others going through similar challenges. This gave me hope which, at the time, I was very short of. You would be amazed how much hope can help transform your physical, emotional and psychological state.
Death impacts the entire network or community within the organisation. So when you don’t have confidence in addressing these issues effectively, it can be demoralising upon the whole system within the organisation.
I offer expert knowledge and critical, honest advice to organisations on matters of policies, procedures, conducting caring conversations with staff, and designing meaningful bespoke memorial services to manage loss and grief within organisations.
If you would like something similar or more bespoke for your own organisation, please contact me to discuss your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
This varies depending on your needs and the length of the session you require. Individual sessions can be 60 minutes or 90 minutes. It would require a conversation.
For the best results, weekly sessions are recommended. Fortnightly might be possible as well.
This varies depending on the circumstances of the death, the type of relationship you had, and so many other factors. I could answer this question a bit more when we have our clarity call.
All services delivered online only
Reach out to arrange your FREE clarity call + get a bonus resource
Free Facebook group for discussions, resources, and life skills development
Does your organisation have:
- staff presenteeism? impact: poor work performance / customer service
- staff absenteeism? impact: extended sick leave or departures for not feeling sufficiently supported
- staff with suicidal thoughts or who have completed suicide? impact: anxiety and grief in the whole organisation